THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Our son Maxton was diagnosed with left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) at his 19 week ultrasound. Maxton was born on 3/3/09 at Vanderbilt University. He fought hard for 18 days but earned his wings on 3/21/09. Maxton was an inspiration to many during his brief time on earth and has forever changed our lives. If your child is diagnosed with CDH, please feel free to contact us. Maxton may no longer live here on earth, but he will live forever in our hearts...

To start at the beginning of our story click here and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Keychain

Thanks to Ashley for this tutorial on how to make a key chain using an awareness bracelet. David doesn't wear his Max bracelet all the time because 1.) he forgets to 2.) he isn't a big fan of bracelets... and probably other reasons too. :-) Anyways, Ashley made a keychain out of one that I sent her. I know alot of you probably have bracelets you are not wearing and thought might be interested in doing the same. I made some earlier today and it was SUPER easy. Check out Ashley's blog to read more about it! She also has some super cute crafts on there, so check it out!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the link! Isn't it a great idea? I came across it this morning and had to make one immediately! You can take my photo if you want for your blog post.....

Michael and Elizabeth Reeve said...

I'm going to make one tonight!!

Thank you so so much for your gift and note - it's so thoughtful of you. Mike and I have been 'starting the Maxton bracelet trend' here in England. At our next concert (won't be until December) I am going to sell one to every student to wear as part of their 'uniform'. I will therefore need to place an order with you for another 20 bracelets closer to the time.

Maxton has been on my mind alot recently, I feel like he is already a 'friend' to baby James. I pray for you and I know you will be blessed with a little brother or sister for Maxton. He will always be a 'big brother' to them and James will grow up knowing all about him....the inspiration little chap to James' Mummy and Daddy.

God bless and I'd really love to hear some of your singing.

Lots of love

Beth xxx

Jaime's World said...

Hi Ashley,
It's been a while since we've communicated. I just wanted to thank you for making it a point to spread CDH awareness. This disorder sucks! That journey is one of a never ending roller coaster!
I hope that your projects are helping you cope emotionally! You are one amazing mommy! :-)
Hugs!!!
Sheryl

Stephanie said...

love the key chain idea. I have got to do that. Such a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Stephanie