THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Our son Maxton was diagnosed with left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) at his 19 week ultrasound. Maxton was born on 3/3/09 at Vanderbilt University. He fought hard for 18 days but earned his wings on 3/21/09. Maxton was an inspiration to many during his brief time on earth and has forever changed our lives. If your child is diagnosed with CDH, please feel free to contact us. Maxton may no longer live here on earth, but he will live forever in our hearts...

To start at the beginning of our story click here and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Featured

Our family's story was featured in my hometown newspaper, Union County Advocate this week. The piece is really nice and well done. My mom said several people have asked about mailing blue envelopes!! :-) Hopefully we will be flooding Ellen's mail with blue envelopes. I think I have mentioned it on here before, but if not, many CDH families are going to be mailing blue envelopes to the Ellen show and emailing Oprah on JULY 15TH!!! Please participate in any way you can. If you can't mail envelopes or are afraid you will forget, if you could just donate a stamp or two I will mail envelopes for you. Click on the blue envelope to the right to read more about this project.

David and I are doing well. In fact, today is our four year anniversary. We went to Tunica from Monday-Wednesday with our parents. It was a very nice vacation. David won a little money and we basically ended up with a free vacation, free vet appt. for Charley and also a little extra for bills. :-) We had a nice trip and it was our anniversary gift to each other. Tonight we have just hung out. Thanks for checkin in on us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a very special couple!

What a beautiful article and tribute to Maxton's life. You have such a way with words, Ashley, and I couldn't help but shed tears as I read the article.

Know that Maxton is always in our thoughts and hearts. He has forever changed who I am. Thank you for sharing him.

Marion said...

Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Love the article. Like I did when watching the video, I cried.

Thinking of you every day.

Oh, and I ordered some customized bracelets. As soon as they are in, I'll send you two.

Much love,
Stephanie