THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Our son Maxton was diagnosed with left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) at his 19 week ultrasound. Maxton was born on 3/3/09 at Vanderbilt University. He fought hard for 18 days but earned his wings on 3/21/09. Maxton was an inspiration to many during his brief time on earth and has forever changed our lives. If your child is diagnosed with CDH, please feel free to contact us. Maxton may no longer live here on earth, but he will live forever in our hearts...

To start at the beginning of our story click here and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OK

I am doing okay. I just wanted everyone to know that. Today has been a better day for me. I suppose there will always be "good" days and "bad" days. Today I went to my office and talked with my boss some about when I am coming back. That should be fun. :-) (read sarcasm) I really wanted to post tonight to ask for prayers for Kaden. He is on ECMO and is having some problems getting his lungs to function properly. His parents are very worried and I remember being right there a few days after Max was born. CDH is such an emotional journey, but Kristi and Craig have been SOOO supportive of me through my whole journey and even find time to support me now when they are in the "thick" of theirs. Please pray for them and their sweet son. When I first saw his picture he reminded me of Max... we have been saying they are "brothers". I know Max is watching out for him but I just thought a few extra prayers certainly won't hurt! Thanks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

We are keeping y'all in our prayers and if you need anything pleaes let us know. If you ever need to talk to just email me or call me. I'm always here for you.

Love you tons girl,
Jes

DJ said...

You have our prayers...for Kaden, as you have so wonderfully, thoughtfully, and supportively suggested, and for his family as they travel through this terrifying journey. You also have our prayers for YOU and DAVID (and your entire family) to have more good days and less bad days,... just let us know if you ever need more than prayer... if indeed there could ever be anything "more" than prayer!

Unknown said...

It is a good thing you have such a great boss! Seriously, you and your friends continue to be in my prayers.