THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Our son Maxton was diagnosed with left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) at his 19 week ultrasound. Maxton was born on 3/3/09 at Vanderbilt University. He fought hard for 18 days but earned his wings on 3/21/09. Maxton was an inspiration to many during his brief time on earth and has forever changed our lives. If your child is diagnosed with CDH, please feel free to contact us. Maxton may no longer live here on earth, but he will live forever in our hearts...

To start at the beginning of our story click here and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blessings

I wanted to write a special blog for Global CDH. I found them through my facebook page and was contacted by someone from their team asking our address so that they could mail us some CDH awareness bracelets and pins. I sent them our address (my husband wasn't too sure about it) and we got our bracelets and pins on Friday. We also received a very nice note and a $50 gas card. I cried when I opened the box. It was such a nice gesture and we have been contacted by so many wonderful CDH families, I was just overwhelmed by the amount of support that we have received from strangers... strangers who are quickly becoming family. I just wanted to make everyone aware of Global CDH and their organization. Thanks Global CDH!!!!

Next, David and I have begun registering for items as we have decided to still have a couple of showers. I am wondering what types of things I need to be registering for. I thought some CDH moms might have some good suggestions that aren't the typical baby registry items. If so, you can post them here, or email me at Ashleynaye@aol.com. I would really appreciate it!!! :-)

1 comment:

Tracy Meats said...

I just came across Global CDH last night when I was playing around on the computer and they look like a great organization! What a nice package they sent you. You asked about items that we needed for our CDH baby--we needed everything a healthy baby needs and the only thing we really used that was different was a very large diaper bag. We had to carry Ian's sat. monitor with us when we went to the grandparents or to the doctors. We also had Ian's oxygen tanks, but we had little backpacks or a rolling tank holder from our home oxygen providers. Our home oxygen providers provided any type of medical things we needed. You really won't know what type of equipment/things Maxton will need, if any, until he comes home.

We found once Ian was transitioned into a crib, we bought him a musical mobile with animals on it and attached it to his NICU crib. He loved it. They make so many neat ones now!! A baby bouncer is a must--all 3 of my boys loved their bouncers. Make sure you add children's story books to your registry lists. We loved to read to Ian in the NICU and it calmed him to hear our voice. If I think of anything else, I will post it here, for I am drawing a blank right now. I will ask my husband if he remembers anything.

Many continued prayers for Maxton and his mom and dad.

Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04, and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS.
tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org