THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Our son Maxton was diagnosed with left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) at his 19 week ultrasound. Maxton was born on 3/3/09 at Vanderbilt University. He fought hard for 18 days but earned his wings on 3/21/09. Maxton was an inspiration to many during his brief time on earth and has forever changed our lives. If your child is diagnosed with CDH, please feel free to contact us. Maxton may no longer live here on earth, but he will live forever in our hearts...

To start at the beginning of our story click here and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Update

It's been forever since I have updated here. I just wanted to let everyone know that Gatlin Grant Standifer was born 4 weeks ago on 9/10/10 at 7:49am. He weighed 9lbs. 4 oz. and was 23 in. long. He was born 18 days early... the same number of days his brother lived. I found that interesting.

Since Gatlin has arrived, life has been good, but he does make me miss Maxton more. I can't believe my Max would be 19 months old now! I wonder how he would be with his brother. We have already been telling Gatlin about his angel brother. I am sure he will grow up knowing about Maxton and loving him just as we do. I posted Gatlin's birth story and some pictures on our family blog. Please feel free to visit it!

www.ourstandiferfamily.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. ((HUGS))

Monica said...

Congratulations!! Max's baby brother is here <3

lost--for--words said...

I've thought about you often over the months.. I knew you were expecting Max's little brother or sister and I am so glad to hear of his safe arrival! I can't believe how much he looks like his brother! I hope that holding him close helps to heal your heart a bit. Lots of love to you!

Holly said...

Congrats! I'm happy to hear of his arrival!

ed treatment tablets said...

What's up to all, it's truly a good for me to go to see this website, it contains valuable Information.