THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Our son Maxton was diagnosed with left-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) at his 19 week ultrasound. Maxton was born on 3/3/09 at Vanderbilt University. He fought hard for 18 days but earned his wings on 3/21/09. Maxton was an inspiration to many during his brief time on earth and has forever changed our lives. If your child is diagnosed with CDH, please feel free to contact us. Maxton may no longer live here on earth, but he will live forever in our hearts...

To start at the beginning of our story click here and scroll all the way to the bottom.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

35 weeks and counting!!!

I am now 35 weeks pregnant and had an appointment today with the OB at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. First off.. little hoss is now graduated to just hoss as he weighs.. drum roll please.... 8.2 pounds!!! seeing as how he could be in there another 4 weeks, I can't imagine what he will weigh at birth! We have set up an induction date of March 2nd. I am really doubting I will get there, but we are hoping to not have to do a C section, so if I go into labor earlier, it's okay. My amniotic fluid was still high, at 33, but they weren't overly concerned. The cool thing today was that Maxton had the hiccups. I assumed that since he hadn't had them yet, that his diaphragm was probably not big enough to have them (since that is what causes hiccups). During my ultrasound I could see him moving and feel it and was told that indeed- he had hiccups. :-)

Now on to the MRI results- Maxton's liver is completely down. The OB said that she had never read an MRI reports that said "entire liver is down". She said that this was very good news and from my research, I already knew this. I almost cried when she told me because I had prepared myself to hear at least part of it was up. :-) His small intestines, large intestines, and I think she said part of his stomach, not all, are in his chest. Thanks for all the prayers for Max. :-) I am still going to for BPPs and to see my primary OB but I will not be going back to the OB at Children's.

One last note- another CDH baby has been born, Joseph. Please keep his family in your prayers. His page is listed on the right.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Great news on the MRI! I'm so happy you got some more good news to celebrate. He is definitely a hoss, but that's great for the repair surgery. Stay positive!

Jen

Shawn said...

Hey guys, it's Kamryn Hope's dad. Just wanted to say congrats on the awesome news about liver down. What a blessing! We're praying for Baby Maxton - He will kick CDH booty!
Shawn

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sky + Carla said...

Yehhh for liver down!!!
They gave me an early discharge of 24 hours ;) so I went to see Joseph and I just got home. I will be posting on the blog tomorrow with more updates. If you have any questions let feel free to email me cdh@sky-carla.com

I can't believe he's 8lbs already.

~ Carla

Unknown said...

So glad you got some Good News!!!! I emailed David and Told him that we live near Vandy so if Yall need anything Food or anything else Just have him give me a call he should have my number- Karen

Tracy Meats said...

Great news on the MRI! Maxton is going to be a big baby! Many continued prayers for you and Maxton and that Maxton keeps getting stronger and ready to beat his CDH.

Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

Alex, Ingrid, Alina & Robbie Houchin said...

That's fantastic! 35 weeks is such a great milestone to pass. We hope that Maxton will stay inside for longer.

Our thoughts are with you.

Ingrid, Alex & Alina

Fer said...

Great news! WTG Maxton!!!!!!

Craig and Kristi Kuehl said...

Fantastic news!!! All our prayers are working... You may want to "rethink" the c-section---8.2lbs already!!! Ouch!

Ashworth Family said...

It won't be long now! So glad to hear about Maxton's liver. I have a strong feeling he will be just fine. If you have any questions about what we've experienced so far- seeing as how you'll be going through it in a few weeks- please feel free to ask. Good luck!!!!